Make this fun butterfly card and see the tutorial on how to add flowers to butterfly wings for a fun craft. Since we just moved, we used this craft to deliver happy notes to our old neighbors who helped us with our move. My daughter had a fun time being the happy fairy and dropping off happy notes in their mailboxes.
These crafts are perfect for a butterfly birthday party, girls craft day, tea party, dollar store
For the papercrafts, we used Stampin Up Perennial Essence Suite. The set comes with beautiful floral paper, flower stamps, a flower-shaped paper punch, and more! Stampin Up is a super fun paper crafting company that has sets to make cards, frames, and tons of other paper crafts. Check them our here.
To make the card I used the free printable butterfly illustration found below. I’ve made it into three designs that you can print off for free. I also used many pieces from the Stampin Up set such as the flower stamps, paper, flower punch and more.
Butterfly Wing Supplies:
Butterfly Wing Instructions:
- Stamp out around 30 different flowers in different colors. If you want to do the same color you totally can.
- Using the flower punch or scissors cut out the flowers.
- Add embellishments if you like. We added flower centers.
- Glue the paper flowers to the wings. We used awesome glue dots from Stampin Up, but you can use hot glue. make sure to put something under the mesh wings if you use a glue that will seep through.
Thats it! Now you have awesome fairy wings for you or your little to enjoy.
Paper Flower Purse Supplies:
Paper Flower Purse Instructions:
- Fold the colored paper in half.
- Using the punch make holes on each side.
- Tie some ribbon around each hole making a strap.
- Add some flowers for embellishment.
You’ve done it! See some fun card ideas below you can make using the same Perennial Essence Suite below. Also for fun, if you want to see the timelapse drawing of this butterfly print click here. You can also see some cute photos of my daughter delivering the cards in her butterfly wings with her paper flower purse.
Free Printable Butterfly Print
1. Click the file you would like to print.
2. Once the larger version has opened, right-click the image.
3. Click the “save file” option.
4. Open the file on your computer under the file you saved it as, and click “print”.