Read through how to make your own DIY St. Patricks Day Rainbow Pom-Pom wreath.
Make your own St Patricks Day rainbow pom-pom wreath here. I’ve got step by step instructions so you can have your own festive boho wreath. And the wreath turns out so fun for your front door, mantle, or St Patricks Day dinner. A fun part about this if you were to buy this wreath on Etsy comparable wreaths are over $50 and you can make this for under $20! Alright, lets craft!
- Warm up your hot glue gun.
- Cut the circle wire wreath frame in half to make the arch. You can make the ends less pointy by wrapping them in electrical tape, duct tape, or covering them in hot glue.
- Next, you will need to make a lot of pom poms. I used the small pom pom maker and made around 8 per color. If you make larger pom poms you may need to make less. As you are making the pom poms you can place them on the wreath frame to see if you need more as well. It helps to have the embroidery scissors for cutting the small pom poms though it is not mandatory.
- For the clouds I made three large pom poms.
- To make the shamrock tassels cut three pieces of string about 12 inches. Make tassel at the bottom using extra yarn. You can see how I made my tassels here.
- Hot glue or sew three green felt balls together to make the shamrocks.
- Carefully thread the long piece of yarn through the three felt balls so the tassel is the stem of the shamrock.
- Tie a knot about two inches above the shamrock and string on a yellow felt ball to represent a gold coin.
- Add your last felt ball or a third if you would like your middle string to hang lower.
- Now, wrap your wreath in some ribbon to give more place for your pom poms to adhere to. Ok, now that you have prepped for the assembly bring all your materials together. You should have rainbow colored felt balls, a wreath frame wrapped in ribbon, and three shamrock tassels.
- Tie the shamrock tassel strings onto the the back of the wreath frame about 2 inches apart.
- Start gluing the pom poms along the arch wreath. It may help to arrange them first before gluing to make sure you get the spacing right.
- And you are done. Time to party.
If you liked that post, you may like these: