It’s Christmas time and our family was looking for a way to celebrate the season by giving and remembering Christ. So I created this free printable Christmas advent calendar. Every day will prompt you to read a scripture from Christ’s teachings and then a suggestion to implement His teachings. This advent calendar is a great way to involve the children in trying to be more like Jesus during the Christmas season.
How to use the calendar is print off the pages following the instructions. And then once you have cut out the ornaments either keep them close by or tape them to the side ready to use. Every day place an ornament over the number coordinating with the day. Fun, right?!
The prompts are inspired by the Light the World calendar by the LDS church. With each day there is a movie you can watch and more ideas for ways to serve so be sure to click the button below that looks like an ad and it will share with you more details if you would like to make this an FHE lesson.
FREE PRINTABLE CHRISTMAS ADVENT CALENDAR
To make the free printable Christmas advent calendar it isn’t too hard. It literally took me 10 minutes (Time will vary depending on your crafting skill and if you laminate the pages). Some fun ideas for ways to use this calendar are to let the kids color it before you hang it. Or you can let your children color the ornaments at the beginning or end of each day. You can laminate this as well for future years.
Read below for the supply list, tutorial, and printing instructions if you need them. Have a very Merry Christmas and I hope your family enjoys these simple ways to be more like Jesus during this season.
- clear tape
- printed files (printing instructions at the bottom of the bottom of the post) I printed everything on cardstock.
- Print off Christmas tree. I printed everything on cardstock.
- Cut out ornaments.
- Tape or glue together the tree pieces for the tree.
- Place the washi tape nearby the tree or pre-hang the ornaments with the washi tape on the side.
- Now each day move as you read the scripture and work on that act of service you can replace the number with an ornament.
- And that’s it! You can also laminate the tree and ornaments to keep it nice for the month.
- Click the file you would like to print.
- Once the larger version has opened, right-click the image.
- Click the “save file” option.
- Open the file on your computer under the file you saved it as, and click”print”.
These printables are copyright and property of Canary Jane Creative. The files may not be shared on any other website or media without permission. These are also for personal use and should not be used as professional promotional materials without permission.