If you’ve wanted to learn how to make a balloon garland, you’ve come to the right place. Make a balloon garland can be a fantastic statement piece for a party. And the best part is it usually is a relatively inexpensive statement piece for a party that really sets a mood and defines space. I’ve also enjoyed playing with the versatility and embellishment options of a balloon garland. So here is a tutorial for you.
Supplies to Make a Balloon Garland
- (optional) balloon pump
How to Make a Balloon Garland
Hand making a balloon garland can take some patience. So grab a snack or pop on that Netflix and you will pass the time no problem. When you pick the colors of your garland remember the colors will set the theme. Pick coordinating colors that fit with the rest of your party.
For a fun party pick three or so colors. For a more neutral party you could go with white and gold. Here are the directions.
- Blow up your balloons.
- Roll out the strong as long as you would like your balloon garland.
- Cut a piece of string that is 6 inches.
- Attached the balloon starting in the middle by tying the short string onto the long string.
- Continue tying mixing sizes such as small and big balloons and different colors. Make sure to alternate.
Balloon Garland Embellishment Ideas & Tips
Looking to make your garland pop?! One of my favorite trends is to add embellishments to a balloon garland. Here are some fun ways to make the garland pop.
- Add fresh or paper floral to a garland by placing pieces throughout the garland.
- Mix fun shaped balloons in with the balloon garland. These create some texture and can be fun.
- Add feathers or feathers covered in glitter for a bird themed party or gathering or just to make a bohemian statement.
- Mix paper lanterns in with the balloons. You can add glitter or two toned lanterns as well.
- Place some tassels mix into the garland. Paper tassels are super fun and easy to make too or you can find them at your local dollar store.
- Add a balloon word hanging from the garland. These are a fun way to theme your party.