Here’s a easy way to make some New Years Eve poppers that the kids are sure to love as well as some free printable utensil wraps for all your New Years party entertaining fun.
Try making these simple DIY poppers using the supplies below. These are dole cups and confetti wrapped in tissue paper. To open have two people hold each end and pull. Sometimes they open in the middle and other times by one side. It is said that the one who gets the long end gets a lucky year. Directions are below.
And print off our New Years Eve utensil wraps. Printing instructions are below. But you simply print off the sheet. cut out the strips and tape them around some napkins. Have a happy new year!
DIY New Years Eve Poppers
- tissue paper
- washi tape
- ribbon or bakers twine
- dole mixations cups
- confetti or sequence
- Cut the edges of your choice of tissue paper. I used white and grey. But you could do colorful new years eve poppers. I cut the edges like frayed pieces (pictured below). And I also cut them with points by cutting triangles. You may want to cut the tissue paper in a sqaure if you’d prefer shorter fringes.
- Gather supplies in the middle of one edge of the tissue paper . You can always double up the tissue paper if you have some older children to make it harder to pull open.
- Once you have gathered the items start wrapping them in the tissue paper.
- Once you have made a tube you will take the bakers twine or ribbon and tie the ends.
- To finish it off you can decorate your popper with washi tape.
To open have two people hold each end and pull. The popper may open down the middle or more on one side. Whoever gets the longest end has a year of good luck.
Free Printable New Years Eve Utensil Wrappers
Want to do your own New Years Table Set-Up?
Here’s all you need for your own New Years setup. And you can get the free printable clock faces here.
If you liked that, you might like this: