Looking for a simple way to add to your Thanksgiving table? Try this simple burlap leaf runner. It’s really easy to make and can add some fun to your table for less than $10. You can also see some more Fall Centerpiece ideas here as well. But for this tutorial, check out the instructions below.
If you make this simple burlap leaf runner some variations are to use white or gold leaves. Or you could hot glue the leaves on other types of fabric as well. If you sew and would like more variation you could add variation to the edges or scalloped ends. another variation is adding in details like lace or tassels to the ends. Or using different colored burlap. The best part of this simple runner is you can customize it to you using supplies you already own or customizing it to your fall table.
- 1/4 yard of burlap
- package of artificial leaves (Dollar Store)
- Hot glue gun (my favorite battery operated glue gun)
- Hot glue sticks
- Ribbon (Optional)
- Warm up the hot glue gun.
- Iron burlap if needed. Here are details.
- Once the glue gun is hot start gluing the leaves onto the burlap. the pattern is your choice. You can do a sporadic pattern throughout like blowing leaves or you can have them go down the middle.
- If you would like to finish off the edges you can hot glue ribbon around the edges.
And that’s it! So simple, right? Mine took me maybe 15 minutes to make. Let me know if you have any questions. And if you make this craft I would love to see how it turns out. If you make it send me a picture to email@example.com and I’ll share it here on the post. Have a wonderful fall season. And be sure to check out these other fall inspired posts.