This post is sponsored by Crest.
Read how to use an at-home teeth whitener. I’ll walk you through how to apply the whitening strips along with what you should expect. And you’ll find they’re actually really easy to use, just as effective as teeth whitening kits from the dentist, safe for your enamel and you can even drink water while you use them.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to use at home teeth whitening kits:
How to Apply Teeth Whitening Strips
1. Open up the kit. I’m using Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips. If you have not purchased your teeth whitening kit you can purchase one from Walmart here. In your kit you will find instructions as well as commonly asked questions.
2. Take out a pair of strips. There are 40 strips in the kit that make up 20 treatments. The 40 strips are for both top and bottom teeth so if you use one for each you will end up with 20 treatments.
As you tear open the pair of strips, you will notice the top strip is longer than the bottom. This is because you are able to see more of the top teeth when you open your mouth, so the strips are designed to whiten more there.
3. Peel a strip off to apply to your teeth. Stretch the Crest 3D Whitestrip over a row of teeth.
4. Apply the sticky side or gel side to your teeth. You will want to align the bottom of the strip with your gum line. Gently press the gel side onto your teeth for 3-5 seconds.
5. Fold over and repeat step 4 on the back side of your teeth.
Repeat for the top row of teeth.
To Remove Teeth Whitening Strips
1. Wear the whitening strips for 30 minutes minimum. Wear for one hour for increased effects.
2. When you are ready to remove the strips gently peel away the strips and discard.
Teeth Whitening Frequently Asked Questions:
– Are Crest 3D Whitestrips safe for the enamel in my teeth?
Yes, they use peroxide which is the same ingredient dentists use. In addition, there has been research regarding the safety of this product.
– Should I brush my teeth before using Crest 3D Whitestrips?
It is best not to brush your teeth before using them
– Do I have to stretch the Crest 3D Whitestrips over all my teeth?
No. You can stretch the strips slowly and evenly or not, the product still works.
– How often can I use Crest 3D Whitestrips?
If you use them for an hour you should only apply them once a year. If you use them for 30 minutes you can do apply the full treatments twice a year.
– Can I use them on dental work?
The strips do not work on braces, caps, crowns, veneers, fillings, or dentures.
Thanks for reading. Let me know your experience with Teeth Whitening Kits in the comments. Happy sparkling!