Looking for superheroes for you and your kids to look up to? Thankfully there are tons of amazing humans around. Today, I’m sharing my favorite feminist books for kids in honor of National Super Hero Day. Check out this list that spans different ages and gets your girl power on.
The Best Books with Positive Female
1. Anthology of Amazing Women: Trailblazers Who Dared to Be Different
2. What Would She Do?: 25 True Stories of Trailblazing Rebel Women
3. This Little Trailblazer: A Girl Power Primer
4. Rad American Women A-Z: Rebels, Trailblazers, and Visionaries who Shaped Our History . . . and Our Future! (City Lights/Sister Spit)
5. YOU ARE AN AMAZING GIRL: A very special book about being you and making your dreams come true
6. Who Says Women Can’t Be Doctors?: The Story of Elizabeth Blackwell
7. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls
8. What To Do About Alice?: How Alice Roosevelt Broke the Rules, Charmed the World, and Drove Her Father Teddy Crazy!
9. The Youngest Marcher: The Story of Audrey Faye Hendricks, a Young Civil Rights Activist
10. I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark
11. She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World
12. She Believed She Could, So She Did: A Journal of Powerful Quotes from Powerful Women
13. A Woman for President: The Story of Victoria Woodhull
15. A Kids’ Guide to America’s First Ladies (Kids’ Guide to American History)
16. The Little Girl Who Lost Her Name – Wonderbly Kids Books, Personalized Childrens Books / Lost My Name Books, Personalized Gifts For Girls, Books For Babys, Books For Infants
For National Super Hero day we talked about different heroes and also played some fun sets from Lego. We love that they had female and male characters. We loved out LEGO Super Heroes Mighty Micros Batman vs. Harley Quinn and LEGO Super Heroes Mighty Micros: Thor vs. Loki sets.
Girls rock! And while we love our male superheroes, I hope you and your family enjoy these female ladies. These women did spectacular things and it’s so fun to learn about them and teach our children about strong women. When women and men work together amazing things happen. If you have a book that teaches about women equality I’d love to add it to the list. just comment below.
P.S. If you happen to be LDS my two favorite women empowering books are No Ordinary Women by Elaine S. Dalton and Mother Milk by Rachel Hunt Steenblik.
This post contains affiliate links that help continue Canary Jane running.