I had bought the obligatory Halloween cereals from Target and found there was a castle on the back of them for the kids to assemble. They kids cut it out and had a blast. They played and thankfully there was three characters, one for each of the boys. Tyson even made a puppet show with the characters. While they played, I made a sweet treat to go along with it, some chocolate covered popcorn with the cereal and sprinkles thrown in it. Here’s one of my favorite recipes tailored from Ashlee Marie Cakes cause baking is one my favorite holiday memories. So here’s a simple Halloween treat for your family.
Quick and Easy Halloween Popcorn Treat
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
Serving Size: 20 people!
- 1 1/2 C vanilla chips
- 1/8-1/4 C Shortening
- 1 cup of Halloween cereal
- 6 C popcorn (popped)
- 1/4 C Sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave or double broiler.
- Add the shortening to the candy and stir until it is melted.
- Spread the popped popcorn and cereal out on a cookie sheet and pour the coating onto the popcorn and coat evenly. I used a spatula to stir and fold it all together.
- Sprinkle with the sprinkles and let it cool and harden!
I found a ton of recipes using Count Chocula®, Boo Berry® and Franken Berry® you can check them out more Halloween recipes here to get you through the weekend!!