We were invited to these amazing poppy fields by a friend and loved it so much I wanted to share it with you all. If you are in Utah around the end of May or beginning of June you’ll want to check out these amazing poppies located at Lambert Park in Alpine Utah. Read on for more details and directions.
The first thing you need to know is that in order to get to the poppy fields you will be taking a dirt road and the road is suitable for most vehicles. I took my minivan up to the poppies though it was a bit of an off-roading experience. I’ve included a map below to help you find your way that you can print off since you know I l0ve free printables. Here are some simple instructions for printing:
The really cool thing about Lambert Park where the poppies are is this is an old pioneer home from 1909 that was owned by George Cannon Lambert and Mary Alice Cannon. The location of the poppies is around the ruins of their old summer home. So while you are there you can explore the old shell of their home and read about them. The friend who invited me said that Mary planted the poppy field, roses, and flowers nearby more than one hundred years ago!
Here are some things to expect if you go:
- There is a bathroom on the dirt path but when we went it was locked. Keep that in mind for little children or bathroom expectations.
- The dirt path is the first immediate left after the church. Even though it isn’t marked well, Lambert Park is an official park of Alpine.
- As mentioned, the dirt road is suitable for vehicles but should be taken slowly with caution.
- The little road does take a few minutes to get up to so bring snacks or water or even a picnic if you think you’ll need it.
- Getting to the poppy fields takes about 40 minutes from Provo and 35 from Draper.
- Expect others there, especially to take photos. Be respectful and share the poppies.
- There is no seating at the site so if you want to bring chairs.
- There’s a pretty beautiful view of Utah County.
Here are some more photos we took while there.
These printables are copyright and property of Canary Jane Creative. The files may not be shared on any other website or media without permission. These are also for personal use and should not be used as professional promotional materials without permission.