Read through a list of fun winter activities for kids below. Find awesome fun ideas to keep yourself sane this winter and print and make these fun animal popsicle stick puppets for free. Here are some fun animal Popsicle stick puppets you can print on cardstock and let the kids color. They’re simple to do, you just cut and paste. Bam!
ACTIVITIES TO DO WITH THE KIDS INDOORS TO GET THROUGH WINTER
1. Buy new books just for winter time so they are novel. We love our BabyLit books because they’re educational and based off of classical literature! They’re also super sturdy, which we love!
2. Take turns on a mini-trampoline.
3. Have a mini-dance party. And play the freeze-when-the-music stops game.
4. Make play-doh.
5. Make a masking tap race track.
6. Go to a play place and let the kids play.
7. Go to an indoor swimming complex.
8. Make a fort. Then watch a movie, get out flashlights, or read books. You can even do some smores.
9. Since the sun goes down earlier, have a glow stick party. Turn on that music again and give the kids some dollar store glow sticks and have a blask.
10. Play card/ board games.
11. Bake cookies together.
13.We go to lots of indoor areas for kids! Children’s museums, indoor play areas at restaurants, or the library to name a few!
14.We do family movie nights cuddled on the couch with lots and lots of blankets! We are not cold lovers
15.Sit by the fireplace!
16.Picnics in the family room
17.After 26 years of living in Phoenix where it never snows and now living in Oklahoma City where it mostly just has bad ice storms I don’t have advice but I imagine us hanging out by the fireplace and playing board games to pass time.
18.Our basement couches are worthless old pieces of turd but I love em cuz we take em all out, put em on the floor and it’s an indoor gym, endless jumping and leaping and energy releasing. Sometimes I also just organize and have the kids help, they like knowing where things are and the ownership gets them excited about old toys they’ve forgotten about hehe… Love printouts! Thank you!!
19.We have indoor picnics-complete with beach towels and blankets, picnic food and treats, and a tub of water with small water toys. Also a sand bin to play. They love it!
COMMENT BELOW WITH SUGGESTIONS AND I WILL ADD THEM.