This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. ##SpooktacularSnacks #CollectiveBias
Guys, I’ve really overdone it now. I’m bogged with projects and kicking myself. Thankfully I was able to take time yesterday to play with the kids. It brings me so much sanity when I do.
While they played, I made a sweet treat to go along with it, some chocolate covered popcorn with the cereal and sprinkles thrown in it. Here’s one of my favorite recipes tailored from Ashlee Marie Cakes cause baking is one my favorite holiday memories. So here’s a simple Halloween treat for your family.
Quick and Easy Halloween Popcorn Treat
- 1 1/2 C vanilla chips
- 1/8-1/4 C Shortening
- 1 cup of Halloween cereal
- 6 C popcorn (popped)
- 1/4 C Sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave or double broiler.
- Add the shortening to the candy and stir until it is melted.
- Spread the popped popcorn and cereal out on a cookie sheet and pour the coating onto the popcorn and coat evenly. I used a spatula to stir and fold it all together.
- Sprinkle with the sprinkles and let it cool and harden!